About LEF Alumni Programs
Mission: LEF launched its Alumni Programs in Fall 2015 as the foundation realized it now had a growing number of alumni who were longing for the opportunities that LEF offered them as students to be mentored by senior executives, network between peers of different backgrounds, as well as their desire to give back to current students.
LEF Alumni Programs are developed with the goal of creating opportunities for our Alumni to continue to mentor, network and connect through social media amongst a growing community of LEF Alumni as well as current LEF students. Program offerings include connecting Alumni through closed LinkedIn and Facebook Groups to communicate with one another, mentoring breakfasts comprised of Alumni Think Tank Series and Student Think Tank Series to share industry knowledge, executive breakfasts for Alumni to interact with the Advisory Board as well as breakfast meetings for Alumni to mentor current students and lastly networking events such as the Alumni Networking Event to connect LEF Alumni, soon to be LEF graduates and the Advisory Board in the luxury industry.
LEF Alumni Council Members
Monisha Agarwal, Neha Bhatia, Jodie Chan, Maurice Dusault, Marisa Glick, Maloni Goss, Simone Jensen, Andrew Klug, Leila Jalai, Sarah Secrest, Kate Schlosstein, Rob Spalding & Gourav Soni
- Think Tank Breakfast Series
- Student Think Tank Series: Parsons and CBS Alumni meet to discuss a specific topic with a group of current students from both schools. Attendance around 15 students lead by 2-3 Alumni
- Alumni Think Tank Series: LEF Alumni to discuss a specific topic related to best practices in the industry. Attendance around 10 Alumni and lead by 2-3 Alumni along with a guest speaker relevant to the topic
- Alumni Breakfast Series
- Breakfast meeting between current Columbia Business School / Parsons Students and LEF Alumni to discuss career advice. This breakfast format is for Parsons Alumni to mentor Parsons Students and Columbia Business School Alumni to mentor Columbia Business School Students.
- CEO Executive Breakfast Series
- LEF will now invite one alumnus/a to attend breakfast with a CEO and Columbia Business School students as an observer. The alumnus/a will take notes and then report to social media.
- CEO Executive Breakfast Series with Alumni
- CEOs and/or Senior Executives meet with Alumni to provide mentoring and career advice.
LEF Social Media:
The LEF Alumni Council organized an outreach strategy via social media to create an LEF Alumni online community through two groups: Alumni Facebook Group and Alumni LinkedIn Group. In coordinating these groups, LEF hopes to engage Alumni in an open forum to network as a community as well as be updated on LEF Alumni programs. Since launching around 130 alumni have joined the Facebook Group and close to 140 alumni have joined the LinkedIn Group. We encourage Alumni to join these groups, post about job opportunities or interesting news in the industry and to connect with their peers. LEF also utilizes the social media groups to keep Alumni informed of all LEF related events and programs
LEF Alumni Networking Events:
The LEF Alumni Council hosted its first Annual LEF Alumni Networking Event on September 8, 2016 at Cadillac House. The event was graciously sponsored by Cadillac with cocktails generously donated by Remy Cointreau. The event was attend by LEF Alumni, LEF Advisory Board members and luxury industry leaders. The program featured a panel discussion of LEF Advisory Board Members and LEF Alumni Council Members, moderated by Ketty Maisonrouge, President of LEF and Adjunct Professor of Luxury Marketing at Columbia Business School. Panelists included Pamela Baxter, former President of Dior & LVMH Cosmetics, and founder of Bonafide Beauty Lab, Barbara Cirkva, former President of the Fashion Division of CHANEL, Inc., Jodie Chan, Director of Marketing & Communications for Altuzarra and Maloni Goss, COO of Suno.